Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Quotes That Stuck Me

 
 
"Submission to the Divine will is the softest pillow on which to recline."
 
Olive Tree
Psa. 38:9: Lord, all my desire is before Thee.
Amy Carmichael "Only a simple word. This afternoon, words would not come when I tried to pray, and this troubled me; and then it was as if He, who is never far away, said, "What does it matter about words, when all thy desire is before Me?" Perhaps you, too, find that words will not come when you wish they would. So I pass on my comfort."
In St. Augustine's words:"To Him who is everywhere, men come, not by traveling, but by loving."
 
How about when words won't stop?
Help us then, Lord, to rest in Your loving embrace
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What is the old saying..Pray hard..use words if you must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome typo! That quote did stick me instead of Struck me!!

    ReplyDelete