Friday, November 29, 2013

Advent Poem

October, 1993 I wrote this poem. I still pray it every Advent season.



Here am I, stuff of earth
But by the Spirit's power rebirth
Has brought me receptivity.
Fill me with Yourself.

Molded by Your Holy Hand
I wait before You
Prostrate, kneel, stand
Cupped and ready, cleansed, atoned
Waiting for Your radiant touch
Virtue compelled to enfold Your own
The vessel of Your making.

Here am I, stuff of earth
Yielded for Messiah's birth
Be it unto me, O Lord,
As in Your word and will.

The Great I AM
Dwells in my heart
There to impart the power
Courage and propulsion
For His dream.


Here is my stuff of earth in Sculpey clay. Shaped like a clay manger, my receptivity is like a cup of flesh, ready to receive the Lord's birth within my very very heart and soul. I await His coming.







2 comments: