Friday, November 1, 2013

Aslan

If Aslan wanted to come and reconfigure some things within you, would you let Him?
 
 
 

Wikipedia says: "Aslan is depicted as a talking lion, the King of Beasts, son of the Emperor-Over-the-Sea, lord of Narnia; a wise, compassionate, magical authority (both temporal and spiritual); mysterious and benevolent guide to the human children who visit; guardian and saviour of Narnia. The author, C. S. Lewis, described Aslan as an alternative version of Christ; that is, as the form in which Christ might have appeared in a fantasy world.

Throughout the series, it is stated that Aslan is "not a tame lion," since, despite his gentle and loving nature, he is powerful and can be dangerous.

 
Recently, during Healing Touch, I heard The Lord say that Aslan wanted to come and be with me. How could I refuse? The symbol to me of The Lion of Judah, both a symbol in Judaism and Christianity, brings great comfort and trust.
 
The Lion has huge paws, but this time He did not use His claws within those paws. He simply came to knead loose some of the things clogging my journey.
When I was a child my parents had friends, Matt and Peg, who had no children. They did have a huge boxer dog. I remember the dog taking a liking to me. At one point I was lying on the floor between the dog's forepaws. We rested together and even watched a TV show. Aslan let me know He wanted to comfort and hold me the same way that Boxer had. Sure, why not?
At age 63 today, why would I hesitate to let the King of Kings and Lord of Lords remodel me from the inside out? I got nothing to lose and everything to gain!
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy #63..may your gains be great and your loss only be the pains your body feels.

    ReplyDelete