Friday, August 16, 2013

Tiny Garden

Last spring I read in some magazine about buying moss and keeping it in the house. I just cut some from the yard instead!
 
Oh my! What fun I had in the lid from bulk Instant Breakfast that fit perfectly in the kitchen windowsill!
 
The tiny shell is an empty one from a land snail.
 
 
As long as I gave it a splash of water every day things were growing. Yes, that is tiny, tiny clover leaf. And then we went away for a few days.
 
The moss was struggling and the clover died.
 
Then the air conditioner came on and the humidity was sucked out of the air ... made for grateful humans, but miserable moss. So maybe I will try this tiny garden again in the autumn when the air conditioner is off. It was fun while it lasted!
 
Kept the plastic lid to try again!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: