Saturday, August 24, 2013

Directional Prayer - South


Two song are competing for this position so I pray/sing both of them.

I just love this photo I found on line.

I first heard this song years ago and it was set to the melody of a Chickadee!
"Jesus is,
Jesus is Lord.
Jesus is,
Jesus is Lord.
And the light of His countenance shines upon us!"

The other song is based upon Isaiah 51. Here it is from The Message

 "Listen to me, all you who are serious about right living and committed to seeking GOD. Ponder the rock from which you were cut, the quarry from which you were dug.  Yes, ponder Abraham, your father, and Sarah, who bore you. Think of it! One solitary man when I called him, but once I blessed him, he multiplied.  Likewise I, GOD, will comfort Zion, comfort all her mounds of ruins. I'll transform her dead ground into Eden, her moonscape into the garden of GOD, A place filled with exuberance and laughter, thankful voices and melodic songs."
 When a stone is taken from a quarry it is sharp and ragged. I, too, am sharp and ragged in my behavior and mannerisms compared to my Lord Jesus.
 So I pray He will make me a smooth stone ....

And I sing/pray

"Rub me smooth,
Rub me smooth,
By Your living water
Rub me smooth.
I am a sharp stone
Quarried from the earth,
By Your Living Water rub me smooth."




1 comment:

  1. That we should be made smooth with time and obedience..

    ReplyDelete