Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dry and Thirsty Land

When I visited Corrales I had the treat of a light rain. It is so dry and dusty there, only averaging 9-10 inches of rainfall per year and they are currently in a drought. In Cincinnati our average rainfall is about 42 inches!
These verses came to mind as I watched the atypical shower.
Psalm 63:1 You, God, are my God,earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land where there is no water.

Psalm 42:1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, my God.

2 comments:

  1. Would make a good meditaiton focus..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, we're getting some decent monsoon afternoon rains. Still below our yearly average but every little drop helps.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete