Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Hollywood stop

or a rolling stop, i.e., you do not come to a full stop at a stop sign and proceed on your way.
 
Too often I live my life with pauses and many a "Hollywood stop" but not genuine silence and rest where I can find restoration and wholeness. I come to the Convent of the Trasfiguration semi-annually for the Associates retreat to do just that - Come To A Stop.
 
As of Saturday afternoon (2:40 PM) I have not yet come to a full stop on this retreat. Too many distractions, sources of confusion, just unrest. But as of the next fifteen minutes, I am checking out of this world to check into my Lord's place.
 
More at another time! Enjoy your Sunday and try to get some Sabbath rest (my hope for you)!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. In the Navy when we ordered 'Full stop' to the engine room on our ship, it woulld go another mile or so before coming to a stop. Be patient with yourself and give yourself that time to come to your full stop.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete