Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How Lovely Is Thy Dwelling Place 1

In 2012 I was blessed to go to Ireland for my 60th Birthday gift from Bob.
This to me was the most holy place we visited. What better way to remember 9/11 than to focus on our Lord?



I was for once without my camera so Bob lovingly took the photos for me. I was so moved that I could barely speak. When I came home I realized that on Celtic Treasures there was a great song "How Lovely Is Thy Dwelling Place" that absolutely summed up the experience for me. Based on Psalm 84 it goes something like this:
 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!  My soul longs, indeed it faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.  Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.  Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise. Selah
 This is the same altar from further back. If you look to the right of the window there is what looks like a small hole in the wall.
 On closer inspection you can see that "even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at Your altars, O Lord of hosts."
This is not the same recording, but close.


2 comments: