Sunday, September 1, 2013

Congealing and Rust

Macrina Wiederkehr wrote a great prayer song with Velma Frye.
EVER FLOWING (M. Wiederkehr, V. Frye)
"O, ever-changing God, protect us from congealing,
Ever flowing, ever flowing, ever flowing, ever flowing.
‘Til we flow into a Sacred Stream,
‘Til we flow into that Eternal Drink which is You.
Then pour us back into the world and let the flowing begin again,
And again, and again, and again."
Think gelatin:
It would be hard to follow in the paths of our God Who created and loves Living Water if we are congealed in a mold!
For many years the Tin Man has been a good symbol of what it is like to live with fibromyalgia. Now with arthritis expanding it's influence in my life, the Tin Man is still a good symbol for me. Yet, though my outer body may be wasting away, my inner self is learning to flow with God day by day.
For me, Healing Touch prayer is like the Tin Man's friends using the oil can upon his frozen places. Recently during Healing Prayer I knew The Lord wanted to use 3 in 1 oil and a wire brush to remove some things on me that were hindering my growth towards Him.
You remember, this multi purpose oil lubricates, cleanses and prevents rust.
So I yielded to Him in trust and faith and the Holy Spirit went to work.
Choose whatever size brush you think was needed.
I just rested in God's love and peace as the Almighty God performed Romans 12:1-2 with me.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. "
Wow! What a tremendous experience. If The Lord asks to use 3 in 1 oil upon you, I highly recommend that you Yield to Him.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly never knew that was why it is called 3 in 1 oil..what an image.

    ReplyDelete