Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Of Starlings and Flickers

It is brutally cold outside. I filled the bird feeders yesterday and replaced the suet cakes the day before. I found myself getting aggravated as one of my least favorite birds, the Starlings, keep coming around and hogging the feeders.

 I find nothing lovely about these noisy, messy, squawkers. And then I was reminded that  the Lord made all the birds.  

And He wants me to try 

to see His hand in each one. 
Just like He  makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and send rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous, oops. I have even been judging birds!

I will try to keep from beating on the window to scare away the Starlings. (I think the are on to me anyways!) But I admit I delight more in the visits from the Flicker and the occasional Yellow-bellied Sapsucker!




2 comments:

  1. Maybe a Starling is just a Flicker with a poor set of clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie get you gun...God said we have authority over all creatures, and a guy has to eat.

    ReplyDelete