Saturday, December 7, 2013

Awaiting His Coming


In the Protestant church, we hear more about Mary this time of year than other times. She has been a role model to me for many years. Here are a few reasons why that is so.

Luke 1:35 The angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; he will be called Son of God. 
Some ancient authorities word it: "The child to be born of you." 

KJV says  "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. "  

In verse 38:  Then Mary said, "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word." Then the angel departed from her.
I find that when a promise is made in the New Testament, it most likely is available to us today. One year I was impressed that this power of the Holy Spirit inside Mary was not just a one time thing. Jesus was for us the forerunner of all of God's plan and design. He was planted inside Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is still indwelling people today.
2 Corinthians 3:17 reads  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  
  JN 14:16-17And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever.  This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in you.
 
So awaiting Jesus, I am reminded here that as I yield to God my Father, the Holy Spirit will indwell me, too. And the birth in me will be the holy Jesus, Son of God.




So this is my Advent drawing of me within that clay cradle, awaiting the coming of Christ anew within me. With Mary as my example, my prayer remains,
 "Let it be with me according to Your word and will, my Lord!" 

Lest we get too puffed up, I also remember the sermon that stated,
 "Jesus did everything right and He got a cross."

May your heart be yielded in every way this season to the King of kings and Lord of lords.



2 comments:

  1. Most excellent..concept to preparation to fruition. I never looked at it that way-of course it begs the question..can I be a Mary too:)

    ReplyDelete